Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 47: Almost 11 months old.

Well hello! I guess its been the Friday before Easter since we've posted, but do I have some goodies for you today. Edison is "napping," although I hear a cute hum coming from his room so I imagine that he's laying on his blanket singing to himself, AWW!

So we are on the brink of a lot of awesome... Edison is showing some serious interest to walk more than ever before. In fact this morning he was practicing by trying to stand up by himself. He can go a few seconds before having to reach for something to hold onto. 

Also, his desire to talk and learn grows more each day too. He is starting to ask "What's that" about just everything in the house and he really mimics a lot of what we say, but says it with a whisper. He is doing so good about saying his name and has "bye bye" and "ABCs" mastered. He can't recite the whole alphabet, but he can say A-B-C.

Let's look at some pictures, shall we? I'll start off with one of the best moments I've captured on camera ever! 

Look who pulled thier diaper off after their nap!

...thankfully there wasn't any mess to clean up if ya know what I mean. 

Time to backtrack to the day before Easter... Edison sat on Chairy the Chair at Andrew's art show! 


Then on Easter morning dad was trying to entertain Edison while I was packing up the car by acting like a baby in his crib! Here's a few pictures including one where Jim takes a pic of Edison and I looking at him from outside the crib!


Then we went to the Sweeney house and Edison climbed all the stairs (awesome job cuz we don't have stairs at all), CAN YOU SEE HIM UP THERE WITH GRANDMA MARY?! And he got to meet my sister's fiance Bryan (aka Uncle Bryan) for the first time. Aunt Molly and Bryan moved to Loveland and are expecting a little cousin for Edison in July!


Well our Easter continues as we head down south to Castlerock to see the Comptons. And boy did we have fun there too! Edison showed everyone he could climb all there stairs there too! Grandma and grandpa got Edison and new high chair and he looks so cute in it! Here's a totally adorable pic of daddy and grandpa putting Edison in it for the first time while grandma tells a story and another of Edison exploring his first Easter egg!


...we had a great first Easter and Edison slept the whole way home!

Okay, so what else have we been up to that we've got some pictures? Well it looks like we've been doing some product modeling with Huggies and Tilty (NOTE: if either brand happens to see this blog, sponsor us). We're not modeling though, just having fun in the diaper box and drinking water!


We've also been playing on the beanbags, which mom uses as blockades so that Edison can't crawl into the kitchen where there's inevitably cat food or Cheerios on the floor that he wants to put in his mouth!

And well that brings us to this morning. I couldn't get a perfect snapshot of him trying to stand up or walk, but I got a pretty one of those sweet eyes and inquisitive face-


...despite Edison's curiosity sometimes leading to broken lamps or juice in the laptop, parenthood is everything I signed up for and more! He turns 11 months on Thursday and gets cooler everyday!

No comments: