Okay, so May 23rd is SOOO long ago but I didn't really get a chance to talk about Edison's big day. So in case you missed it or have been waiting for me to post that darn recipe for the ice cream cupcakes this post is for you!First of all, I would like to again thank our friend Tod Kapke for taking Edison's picture to mark his first birthday, I will cherish these (above) forever and I know Edison will too once he's old enough. Although, I must admit he was quite crabby in that dinosaur costume because it was SOOO HOT! As you can see, my theme was all about the great E-Rex!
The day started off real nice. Edison was super-happy and I personally was excited to celebrate his first year in the world. Once family and friends started arriving, Edison went from super-happy to ecstatic to see everyone.
I was looking forward to ice cream cupcakes and seeing Edison have his first bite of delicious chocolate-y sugar. So my plan was to take the party inside so cupcakes wouldn't melt all over and sit Edison in his high chair at the head of the table. It was all fine and dandy with 30 people crowded into our dining room/kitchen/living room... we sang "Happy Birthday" and all was just great with Edison until I blew his candle out and everyone clapped. He instantly started crying. Aunt Kelli got pictures of it and Uncle Bryan captured it on video.
Edison happy as can be while I am getting the candle on his cupcake-
...my neighbor thinks that if we were to submit the video to the Funniest Home Videos franchise, we'd have a winner. So I promised her I'd look at the footage and look into sending it in. And I promise you I will at least post the video here....someday.
OH, I found this video taken after his birthday party was over. Here he is reacting after eating MORE birthday cupcake. Hopefully this will tide you over until I can go through all the video recorded from his birthday-
1 comment:
I'm totally going to try the cupcake recipe--thanks! Looks like it was a fun day!
Shana
Post a Comment