Edison turned 20 months old last Saturday. If I recall, we took it pretty easy that day because we had been nursing Edison's cold and just wanted a little slow in our life. As you can tell by the photo above, Edison wasn't in the mood to celebrate and needed a break from the "mamarazzi" to get over his cold in private.
So our day... I guess we did venture out to take a tour of his soon-to-be-in-just-under-four-years elementary school. Yes, it sounds silly but its totally normal to start checking out schools for your wee one before they're even out of diapers. We will be sending Edison to a charter school part of Denver Public Schools called Denver Language School. It is a language immersion school meaning he will grow up learning Mandarin Chinese as a part of his curriculum. I think it will be great for him. We also went over to Isabel's house to play for a bit.
Okay, so I guess we were a little busy on his 20 month birthday but then we came home and stayed in.
Edison continues to be great everyday. He can count to 15 by himself (19 with us), he knows a handful of letters in the ABCs and he really loves to read books with us at night and can fill in words of his favorite stories when we pause to let him. I also love that he can say "Alisha," "Peach" (my childhood nickname) and "Jim" - we are still working on "Compton."
Edison's charm and character give me a lot of pride and its such a reward to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment