Monday, February 4, 2013

Superb Owl Sundae

Who's hungry for a Superb Owl Sundae?!

We had a busy day and social, as usual I suppose. This included two Super Bowl (or as I like to call it, Superb Owl) parties.

First, we met friends at Glaze Baum this new Japanese style cake shop, so yummy! The woman was inspired by a cake shop she stumbled upon in Japan and so she wanted to start one here in the states. She even imported a beautiful oven to cook this special style of cake.

Then we went to an urban farm for a party and the kids got to jump on a trampoline, pet a horse, and feed chickens. Obviously it was a Super Bowl party so there was plenty to eat! I was excited bc this was at a friend of Jim's that I had never met, but always wanted to. She started up my favorite vegetarian restaurant in Denver over a decade ago and so I was honored to try her home cooking. She made these incredible vegan chile rellenos, pizza bread rolls, a pineapple cake, and a meat football stadium to name a few!

Lastly, we went to the Davis house and arrived right as the halftime show was starting (so perfect timing)! My friend Kim is also an excellent cook and I had split pea soup! It felt good to have other peoples' home cooking!

The only tough part about being social is we missed Audrey's nap and the kids gorge on way more snacks than I prefer. Especially sugar. Audrey was difficult to get to bed bc she was over-tired and over-sugared, def a difficult combo for me to get her to bed, nearly two hours after I wanted her to go down.




















No comments: