Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 20: Tickled Pink

Here I am in the waiting room at our OBGYN! We had just got out of our 20-week ultrasound waiting for our doctor to see us. The 20-week ultrasound is the most exciting doctor's visit this half of the pregnancy because you get to find out (if you want) the sex of the baby! And we found out the most delightful news at the ultrasound, that we are officially expecting a GIRL! You can imagine how "tickled pink" I am...

I'm so glad we made it to the appointment on time. I had to make sure that Jim and Edison had their shoes and coat on and we were out the door at 12:30 for our 1:00pm appointment because I didn't want to be late. Thankfully we did leave earlier than usual for our drive because I-70 was closed at the exit we needed so I made the decision to take a detour onto I-25 and zig-zagged us through Denver to get us there only one minute late. PHEW, I didn't want to delay the ultrasound any longer!

The ultrasound was really incredible. We got to see her moving her lips and tongue as if she was taking a drink or talking to us, it truly was amazing. We never noticed Edison doing that last time around. Then we heard her heartbeat, got to see the size of her brains, her stomach, etc. She was real snug in my belly, not really wanting to move around and give the nurse a good peek at her spine so we have to get another ultrasound at our next visit (YAY)! The nurse wasn't as enthusiastic in telling us it was a girl than I had hoped. With Edison, the nurse (a different one) said excitedly "Its lookin' girl..." then less than 20 seconds later, she said, "OH NO, that's a boy!" So today when the nurse said "I think its a girl" I didn't start to cry as I imagined I would have if she were to have said it more congratulatory.

As a reminder, the due date is July 9th and in the next few months I could use some help from you local friends and family members to get some work done around the house. I could use some yard work help once the spring arrives and I'll want to paint a wall (sorry Jim, I want to paint it) and so I'll need some help with that too. And perhaps some help putting together Edison's "big boy" bed for when he gets it and baby #2 inherits his crib.

What a great time to be alive. It's such an amazing feeling growing your family, it makes you want to be an even better person.

We will scan the ultrasound pictures and post them for you. I know they won't be as exciting for you to see as we think they are, but we will put them up regardless.

PS: I know I didn't post a 19 weeks preggo picture, but I guarantee you I look pretty much the same (except I did just color my hair a brighter blonde)

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Congrats, lady!
Can I pleaaaase help with yard work/panting/bed assembling?

N said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what you decide to name her! You will love being a mommy of both!