I looked at the date on my phone this afternoon and realized that March 23rd marks Edison's 22 months birthday!
Well what a pleasant day it was, despite having a cold and the crazy snowstorm that started at about 5pm today and is supposed to be about 8-16 inches!
My parents stopped by on their way back to Loveland so Edison got to hang out with them. Then we went to my friend Vanya's house and she cooked us lunch and we got to hang out with her 7 month old daughter Olive! She made us salmon and a spinach salad with quinoa and shitake mushrooms! It was so good! And Vanya also gave us some baby clothes for baby #2! I'm very grateful to my friends and family who have offered up baby clothes for us, we sure are going to have a stylin' baby!
Once we got home, Edison napped and then we played inside for the rest of the day.
When we were leaving Vanya's I was getting ready to put Edison in his carseat (which he didn't want to be in) and I realized I left my coat in her house, so I ran up to her door to get it and let Edison play in the driver's seat. He thought it was hilarious sitting at the wheel and pretending to drive. He also was waving at me and when he'd lean over to wave he would honk the horn, A LOT! It was hilarious. Luckily I had my phone in my coat and snapped this photo-

Happy 22 months Edison!
Bragging rights:
-he is starting to talk in sentences like, "Thank you cooking lunch, mommy!"
-he is showing interest in swimming and will go to the side of the pool and hold on to the ledge and kick his feet
-he now can say the ABC's
-he can kick a soccer ball
-he also is still really polite and says "thank you" and "please" still and is really good at remembering people's names (maybe I've mentioned that)
-he remembers that we are taking a trip to California in May over his birthday and says, "California... airplane... beach... birthday party... cake."
-he also knows Jim and my name and will call us that in addition to "mommy" and "daddy."
Well hope you are doing well! We sure are amped up for Springtime! I write this as I look out the window at a pretty hefty snowfall daydreaming that my husband will be home safely soon. He left work at 630pm, its now 930pm. It usually takes 25 minutes to get from his office in Boulder to our house in Denver.
No comments:
Post a Comment