We went to the pediatrician today to see if Audrey was back up to her birth weight and we are proud to report she weighs 8 lbs, 5 3/4 oz! Way to go Audrey for being a great eater. She seems like she grew in length too, but they didn't measure her today. We also got the okay from the pediatrician to give her a bath now that her umbilical cord is detached completely and we can let her sleep for five hour spurts during the night.I was a little torn up this week because Audrey caught Edison's cold. She's doing better, but she had a gummy-like eye and stuffy nose. We followed all the instructions to take care of her via the pediatrician, but it just breaks a mommy's heart to have a sick kiddo, especially because she just turned three weeks. Edison didn't get his first cold until he was 11+ months old, but I have a hunch she will have her "firsts" of a lot of things before Edison since she's the second child.
As far as an update goes for me, my OBGYN informed us that my incision looks great, but she still doesn't want me to lift Edison or anything besides Audrey for a few more weeks. As much as I blogged about last week wanting to do more around the house, I realized I'm really lucky and should just enjoy my downtime and not worry about the housework since Jim is doing a fantastic job with it.
We did a dry-run yesterday of what it will be like when Jim goes back to work and I will be taking care of both kids. It was a little rough just cuz I can't be hands on with both 100% of the time, but I tried and Edison, Audrey and I will get into a groove we can all appreciate.
Happy three weeks Miss Audrey Mac!
1 comment:
She is just adorable! Can't wait to meet her!! (Madigan just had her first illness at 15 months. We've been lucky... and nuerotic because of all of her allergies) So glad you all are doing well!
Post a Comment