Saturday, June 11, 2011

Denver Puppet Theater




Met up with some friends at one of Denver's neatest establishments, Denver Puppet Theater.


We ate lunch in the garden area, decorated puppets, played with puppets and marionettes and saw a puppet show. Today's show was "The Frog Prince." It's not the best picture, I know.


Jim and Edison even put on a show of their own-

YouTube Video

The kids were extremely well-behaved during the show. Audrey was a hambone and was crawling around the front of the theater playing and socializing with some of the families sitting near her. Edison and I were a few rows back and he actually got a little spooked at the giant dragon puppet on the wall so I took him out into the puppet garden to walk around and talk about how it isn't real.


Edison and his friends hard at work on their puppets-


Attempt at a cute pic. We will get one someday-


Neat marionettes-


Attempt to get a cute pic-


This place is a total gem, I recommend going. And hey, if you are, let us know we live right by it and will meet you there! It's $7.



Their cafe attached to the theater is called Zooks and is run by Mr. Zook, the husband of the woman who has been putting on the puppet shows for years. They even serve Little Man Ice Cream and espresso drinks. They make yummy breakfast sandwiches as Edison and I discovered a few months ago.


What a fun day! Thanks to Vanya for the tickets for Edison's birthday!



No comments: