Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Audrey's One Year Well Baby Check-up

Miss Audrey Mac had her one year well baby check up.

Her stats are:
Weight- 20.0 pounds (25th percentile)
Height- 28.5 inches (25th percentile)
Head Circumference- 45 centimeters (50th percentile)

The pediatrician says that "she looks great," is healthy, and that she has reached all the milestones a baby should at her age.

I am still nursing Audrey and talked with the pediatrician about weaning her and we decided that I will start cutting out one feed a week. I'm guessing by the end of the summer we may be done with this chapter of our lives.

Audrey can say about 20 words and the doctor was impressed to hear that she is putting two words together like "up mama" and "hi kitty." I first heard her start to say these a week or so ago. She also strings out long bits of babble that the intonation in her voice is convincingly good.

As of now, her favorite book is Itsy Bitsy Spider, she loves the song "Backin' Up," and her favorite game is peek-a-boo. She likes all things bread (like her mom and Aunt Kelli) and sugar snap peas. She also loves watermelon.

At this age Audrey also pays more attention to things for longer periods of time. She is more coordinated and interested in moving around and exploring things.

She's getting close to walking. Jim texted me this picture today while I was at my doctor's appointment-
Audrey got so many cute outfits for her birthday, this is one of them. Thanks again to everyone for coming to her party and the lovely gifts-
Here's Audrey after her shots yesterday. We were playing in the backyard (and she was naked because we just finished playing in the new pool, thanks Aunt Kelli!)-
Yay Audrey!

No comments: