Sunday, November 27, 2011

Edison is 3 1/2


Well he's 3 1/2, that's so incredible to me. Soon I will be writing that he's 4, time flies!

Despite his misgivings on school, he is still excelling. He is on his way to being bilingual and we are happy with our decision to do this. His teachers say he speaks with a Mandarin accent and that he can speak in full sentences in Chinese too! His teachers want him to work on his math a bit more so we've been reaching out to count things and make mathematical associations with him, it'll click.

He's so smart and is a great listener. He is really funny too and has a silly sense of humor. He painted himself green to look like the Hulk the other day. He created a recipe for a "cookie" the other day, we baked it and he ate it! He likes to think of things as solving a mystery and wants to know everything. He loves his friends and family. It amazes me that I can have adult conversations with him.

As Jim says he's a young adult now and we now have complex issues to deal with him in order teach him to take us seriously and teach him how to be kind to his sister, that's been our main issue. He's also grumpy in the morning when he has to go to school and that's rough.

His palette is changing, saying things like fruits and veggies that he has always loved are "yucky." That bums me out a bit.

I've told him about the Golden Rule, reminding him that if he's rude to someone they are gonna want to treat him that way back. Or if he pushes his sister, she will reciprocate. I'm trying. Parenting is tough.

I care about this little guy so much.

No comments: