Edison's official birthday was yesterday and he really was feeling the love! It was rainy out after school and on the way home from an early dinner, he kept asking me if it was going to stop because he wanted to go ride bikes and jump on the trampoline with the neighbor girls (already sounding like a bonafide kid, he's no baby anymore)!
He brought brownies to school to share with his class and they sung to him in Chinese, we took him to our friends' store and he picked out a toy and everyone in the store sang "Happy Birthday" to him (which made him shy) and then we went next door and had dinner. For future reference, the store is Pandora and the restaurant is City O' City.
It was really cute because when we went to pick him up from school, he asked to go to Chuck E. Cheese again, but we didn't want to drive that far out. He really did have fun there! One of these days (hopefully) Jim will post a cute video of Edison talking with Chuck E. Cheese on the phone there, real sweet!
I also asked friends and family to send Edison birthday messages or photos and so I want to thank everyone who reached out to him, he was really excited. I love that he's at an age where he remembers the people he meets and is interested in knowing more about them. With each birthday wish I shared with him, he would ask me questions about the person if he didn't remember who they were!
I want to say thanks to:
My mom and Audrey, my Aunt Kay, and our friend Steph (written in the voice of her chihuahua Seraphina) for emailing birthday wishes!
Also, Grandpa and Grandma Compton and Aunt Kelli for calling!
Edison got sweet Facebook messages from family and friends like: My sister Molly and cousin Candi, Aunt Kelli and Uncle Eric, brother Seth and wife Alyssa and Seth's sister-in-law and mother-in-law! Also good friends like Kirstan, Megan, Shawnna, Becca, Matt, Jeffery, and Kevin!
Edison got Facebook "likes" from Karen, Pam, Betsy, Melanie, Mike, Bob, Tara, Michael, Shana, Sara, Morgan, Adam, Sara, Erin, and Yoon. ...these are all people who have seen Edison since day one and I cherish their "likes" too!
Also my brother Seth and sister-in-law Alyssa, Andrew, Sara, Steph, Tod and Andrea all sent Edison birthday pictures! He loves them:
Here's photos of his birthday toys and right after our friends' store sung "Happy Birthday" to him!
...next week we go to Edison' yearly check-up! I love getting the data about how much he's grown over the past year! I can already tell being 4 is going to be great!


No comments:
Post a Comment