We have been counting down to this day for two weeks and it finally arrived-- Edison's 4th Birthday Pioneer Party!
It has become a tradition to have Edison choose his cake, so he tasked me with a Power Rangers cake. It was actually a lot more elaborate with fire trucks, Batman, Spider-Man and whole other cast of characters, but I stuck to one thing. I found some vintage Power Rangers cake toppers on Etsy, because I wasn't liking the newly manufactured ones, then I made some cute cake bunting/flags and made an Oreo Cake with minty oreos (Newman O's) hidden inside. It turned out really yummy although I've been making my cakes for the last year with an immersion blender since my mixer broke and I'm not getting the consistency of frosting I want, so I really need to invest in a new one.
We celebrated Edison's 4th Birthday today (its on 5/23) and it was a perfect day to venture back to the 1800s in Colorado. We had his party at Four Mile Historic Park, which is this great old-timey farm in the city and Edison had a Pioneer Party! We bought all the kids coonskin caps as thank you gifts (super cute) and the staff dressed in traditional clothing, oh and I bought Audrey a bonnet to wear!
We rode a horse carriage around the quarters, did farm chores like sweeping and washing clothes how they would back then (they even got water from a well), fed chickens, participated in pioneer games like tug-o-war, and after cake the birthday boy got to ring the bell four times for good luck!Here's a peek at our day on the farm:
After the party Jim took Edison on a trip to the bike shop and he got this:
Thanks to Edison's friends from the bottom of our Compton Party hearts for celebrating his birthday with us today!
No comments:
Post a Comment