Edison has been alive for 25 weeks! To mark his 25th week, Mother Nature celebrated by giving the Denver area a snow. Edison's first snow! We didn't go play in it, we just looked at it through the window and by the time we left the house later in the day, it was already melted.
My favorite things to do with Edison:
-bathtime
-tug of war with mom's hair (because he giggles when it touches his face)
-watching him pull off his socks (because it makes me giggle)
-reading and cuddle time
...my goals this week are to give him more baby massage and yoga. I'm trying to do it daily, but each day is so different with Edison that our only scheduled item is making sure he eats every two hours and the other details just fit in.
Edison is doing great at napping. He's sleeping longer, perhaps because he's getting older and we play more so maybe it tires him out?!
Besides spending all my time with Edison, I did manage to venture out on Friday and Saturday nights.
Friday night I went to see New Kids on the Block, a boy band I loved in 1988. I'm sure you've heard of them. I wasn't going to go because I couldn't justify spending over $100 for a ticket, but my friends Christy and Danny got free tickets (a sky box), so I knew it was meant to be that I see this boy band I used to love so much. So the concert far exceeded my expectations and I lost my voice screaming for Joey! Yes, I know they're cheesy now, but I was totally into the show. Not only have I never seen them in concert, I've never seen a boy band or other pop group live. It was fun and my 5th grade self is very happy for my 30 year-old self. Yes, I turned 30 last month. Meh, I still feel the same age. I was definitely missing Jim and Edison while I was out for the first time in a LONG time without either of them. In fact, since I wasn't there to put Edison to bed, Jim told me he couldn't sleep. I guess there is something to be said about our special bond.
PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF NKOTB (this pic was taken by my friend Brandee who had a cmaera and not just a camera phone)-

Then on Saturday night I attended the Starz Denver Film Festival's screening of His Name is Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th. It was the world premiere of the new documentary that has over 90 interviews with cast, filmmakers and critics looking back at the last 11 films. What I love about film festivals is that often times the filmmakers and cast are there for the Q&A session afterward. Along with the producers was the "first Jason," Ari Lehman, who portrayed the creepy Jason Voorhees in the first Friday the 13th film. They were giving out "Jason masks" and he was signing them after the screening. He signed my mask, "Alisha- Meet me at Crystal Lake."
Here I am with "first Jason"-
Okay okay, this is Edison's blog, not mine, so I'll stop talking about my adventures without my sweet baby... because let's face it, you're here to see Edison! :)
Enjoy your week!
No comments:
Post a Comment