Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What a grown-up week we've had...

So after a great weekend filled with charmed family fun, Monday was back to business.

Instead of Mommy and Me yoga, we went to our six-month well baby visit which includes getting weighed, a thorough inspection from the pediatrician and shots.

Edison weighs 16 pounds, 8 ounces. This is just a few ounces above his birth weight, which at 6 months babies should be double their birth weight. His place on the percentile growth chart has gone from below 3% to 25%. He is also getting taller. He is 24 and one-half inches and his head circumference has grown too! This is all great news for Jim and I. 

The shots were our final bit at the pediatrician, which are the toughest for me. He got one in his mouth (which doesn't involve a needle), and one in each leg. He shed some tears, then I picked him up to console him and the nurse left. I got some snapshots of him to send to dad-

I try to take as many pictures possible during the day of Edison and send them off to Jim while he's at work, so its almost as if he's there. 

Shots really put Edison out and make him tired, partially because of the Tylenol and also because the inoculations are hard on his body (I think).  
He's so precious! Jim also took a video of him sleeping on me.

Turning six months also means we transition Edison's wardrobe to the 6-9 month sizes. I love it because I get to see all the cool clothing we received at the shower that has been stowed away for seven months. 
I actually got this onesie as a freebie about 4 years ago, long before Edison was even a twinkle in my eye, but I saved it because I knew that Jim and I would one day have a baby to put it in.  It has a screen-print of a microphone, drum kit and guitar. 

Here's Edison wearing his cool Mark Ecko shoes that Debby got him... oh the onesie he's wearing says "MIND THE NAP," I'm gonna miss this one once he grows out of it-
Eating is going great. The pediatrician is having us switch up our routine by lowering his milk intake and increasing his solid foods. 

Here he is this morning after his breakfast of rice cereal and pears-
He's been a good sport about it and is liking all the solid foods we give him. LOOK AT THOSE EYES-
OH, we took this picture of him eating on Sunday. I'm posting it mainly to share that Jim and I giggle at the saying on the bib everytime we put it on him-
 Speaking of all this eating, enjoy your Thanksgiving! I hope you get to spend it with your families. 

No comments: