Sunday, August 9, 2009

COMPTON PARTY: park, pool and bike rides

We had a great weekend!

Friday night lad and dad hung out at home and I DJ'd an event at this great boutique on South Broadway called Fancy Tiger.

Then Saturday after breakfast we played at the park with the Stoltz family, went to work out (leaving Edison at their daycare) and later after naptime we went downtown to the Curtis Park Outdoor Pool to play in the water and Steve's Snappin' Dogs for an early dinner.

Just when I thought this weekend couldn't get any more fun, today we hit it out of the park (but I didn't take any photos)! Jim and I finally made the leap and bought a bike trailer to tote Edison around. We found a used Burly bike trailer on craigslist! I must say, we are all happy! Now I just need to work on Edison liking to wear his bike helmet.

Today we rode to the park and met up again with our favorite friends. We played, chatted, enjoyed a chilled beverage and I even ran into a woman who I took pre-natal yoga with and met her little one. Afterward, we biked to Pho Fusion a great Vietnamese noodle joint in our 'hood. These are the great family days that I will cherish forever.

After we put Edison to bed this evening, Jim and I commented to each other how much we love riding bikes. In fact, we reminisced about when we first started dating and we had a "bike date" and he introduced me to my now favorite vegetarian restaurant in Denver.

Now that we are getting back into biking, I'm gonna try and bike more regularly with Edison (like to grocery store, park, friends' house). If I keep it up for the next few months, I'm gonna save up for this family bike that I really really really love:

...or at least I'll dream. Its a Madsen, the first affordable cargo/family bike on the market thats similar to the Dutch bakfiets at less than a third of the cost.

Hope you are all doing well! Edison continues to grow his communication skills and I'm just amazed at what he remembers.... like he remembers the baby birds that were nesting in our neighbors hanging flower pot three months ago by walking over to their porch on Thursday and pointing up to the pot and saying "babies, babies" (and they flew away over two months ago)! He amazes me everyday.

No comments: