We are staying at my friend Kristen's place in the West Village. When we got in last night the note she left us said to look out her bedroom window to a place with white window sills and security cameras and that is Billy Joel's place. I'll take a picture and post it maybe tomorrow.
Today was fun and rainy as we got our bearings in this neighborhood. We ate at Cafe Condessa a few blocks away - Jim had the pablano eggs benedict and I had a Mexicana scramble. Edison loves eggs, but loves being outside even more so one of us would eat while the other was following the adventurous baby in front of the cafe. We went grocery shopping at Whole Foods and after naptime Edison and I spent the rest of the day at Washington Square Park while Jim worked.
We had to go see the big water fountain first before heading over to the toddler playground. We made some friends and there was a little girl there who could have been his twin. A mother asked me if they were twins and I said "no" then the little girls dad came over and commented how he had been thinking the same thing too (as was I). Well I must say that I am not good at taking pictures all the time as there was too much to experience for myself rather than capture, but here's a VERY small offering of what I got.
By the way, having a toddler now means I can barely get a still shot of him at all!
Tomorrow we are going to take the Staten Island Ferry around Liberty Island and see the Statue of Liberty. Also I need to get a new pair of shoes as I only have the ones I wore on the plane, which are fine, but flimsy.







No comments:
Post a Comment