Sunday, August 30, 2009

NYC: Day 3

Another day of walking all around the West Village, Greenwich Village, SoHo and Chelsea. My quest for a new pair of shoes still hasn't happened as its hard to shop with a toddler who just wants to party, so party we did all day at the park!

Today we ventured to Madison Square Park. Their playground is a lot more fun than the one at Washington Square because they have not only a whole bunch of fun slides and swings, but a water feature!

Edison ran over and got soaked right away. Thankfully I had a spare outfit in his baby bag.

We also clocked in a lot of minutes on the swings and tried to ride some other kids' scooter and bike. He sure is a mobile babe!

As far as eating goes, we had breakfast and lunch at the apartment and saved our appetites for Shake Shack in the park, but it was about a 30-40 minute wait just to order so we decided against it and perhaps we'll go back on a slower day.... I want one of their custards and their veggie burger sounds amazing!

I haven't satisfied my sweet-tooth yet, but am aching to with a black-n-white cookie, maybe tomorrow. However, I think I'm addicted to the ginger-mint lemonade at the vegetarian falafel and smoothie bar called Taim below our apartment. I want to drink it all day. I'll find a recipe to mimic it once I'm back home to my own kitchen.

Jim worked again all day today so we didn't go see the Statue of Liberty, but he did power down for a while to have dinner with us. Perhaps next weekend we'll see Lady Liberty.

PS: Sorry the pics are jumbled, making the text harder to read. I just don't feel like taking time to format in blogger, its not as user-friendly as I'd like it to be.

No comments: