The adventures of Mommy and Edison in the City are going well. We are toting around the city by foot and stroller and by subway. Since I'm excited about bikes, I've been on the lookout for one of those Madsen bikes I really want, but haven't seen one. Also I have only noticed a few parents riding around with their kids. Thought I'd see more.
So let's recount a little its been a few days.....
Here's Union Square Park from the side-


What has been great about our location is that we can walk literally everywhere in Manhattan. This place is so convenient. I'm still itching for some retail therapy at my favorite stores that we don't have in Denver, but with a baby that wants to party, its not easy.
Day 5: We ventured out on the subway for the first time since arriving. We went to Brooklyn, walked the Brooklyn Bridge from Brooklyn to the Manhattan side. Its an amazing walk, the view of Manhattan is beautiful and you can see all of NYC's most important landmarks. Edison did great for the first 9/10ths of crossing the bridge, then he got fussy, so I had to calm him, then quickly make my way back to the Brooklyn side. Once back in Brooklyn, we played at a playground and ate at a vegetarian restaurant called Siggy's.
Once we rode the subway back, we picked up my glasses and then cruised back home for naptime. Then we went to another park and enjoyed dinner. Oh we also got frozen yogurt from the much-hyped Pinkberry. It wasn't as delish as I was hoping. We had a fun time tonight playing at the apartment. Sometimes I don't talk about how much Edison knows and remembers, but tonight Jim was asking him to point to different body parts and he did awesome: head, hair, ears, eyes, nose, teeth, mouth arms, legs, feet, toes... what a charmer! I also noticed that when he overheard a nanny counting to the kid she watches he held up his finger for one, and two fingers for two and when she got to five... five! After Edison went to bed Jim and I watched the film Adventureland and got some good laughs from it... both of us saying that it reminded us of growing up and our first jobs.
On Brooklyn Bridge (I can see the Statue of Liberty in the background, can you?!)-
Playing in the water feature in the Brooklyn Heights Playground-
Shirtless baby at the playground-
First subway ride!!!-

Playing in the water feature in the Brooklyn Heights Playground-
Shirtless baby at the playground-
First subway ride!!!-
Day 6: On the agenda was the Bronx Zoo. Its the most beautiful zoo I've been to. Unfortunately it was packed because it was a "pay what you want" day. We walked through Asia, Africa and the "Mouse House" gazing at the animals. Edison liked the giraffes best and we saw a baby gazelle who was about 9 days old. I brought our kids book "I Know a Rhino" and I was showing him the animals that we read about in the book when we'd see them in the zoo. I don't know if he was making the connections, but it seemed like it. He followed a peacock through the food area too. We also took a ride on the carousel. Edison rode on a beetle. He didn't really like it and was asking me to pick him up (I think that was mostly due to him being tired and needing a nap). While waiting in line for food, Edison tipped out of his stroller so I had to take him to the First-Aid area. He's okay though, just a bonker on his head. Shortly after I wanted to head back to Manhattan since the subway ride takes an hour. He was pretty fussy the whole ride home, but thankfully took a nap and got recharged to go out again. I thought that we were going to a park, but on our way I found a fun kids shop I read about called Kid O. I got Edison a wooden kitty puzzle, a book and a cute airplane toy. He loved the place. There were even bikes that he could ride around! So we took our loot home and played with it! On our walk home I stopped at Donut Pub for a black & white cookie to eat for dessert. Thus far we have been cooking our own dinners or eating downstairs at Taim.
Day 7: My grand plans of Central Park went out the window as today was the errand day. Nothing too exciting to report except that Edison is doing well and we are all loving our time in NY. Oh we did spend a significant amount of time at Madison Square Park where they have the awesome water feature at the playground. Of course Edison ran right there and was soaked so I stripped him down, put on a fresh diaper and let him roam around in his diaper and hat while his clothes were drying on a rail.
TOMORROW ALL THREE OF US GO TO CONEY ISLAND! CAN'T WAIT!
I'll upload more pics soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment