In the morning we went to Washington Square Park and played at the playground. We had our first celebrity sighting... Peter Dinklage who is the midget in the film Elf. He was walking his dog (a boxer). Also there was a tv show or film being shot right down the street from us cuz we saw all the crew trucks and trailers for dressing rooms for the actors, but we didn't take the time to figure out what it was. They were there all day. *EDIT: My friend Nichol is convinced the filming is for Sex and the City 2. I wouldn't be surprised... and if so, I will STALK them, okay well maybe not, but I am a fan!
Then we got home around noon to prep and meet a colleague of Jim's nearby. After lunch they wanted to chat some more so we set up shop at the playground across from Magnolia Bakery and Edison and I had fun while they chatted. I'm glad they got some face time. Edison loved the park.
What's interesting about the NYC parks is that a lot of the playgrounds just have toys, bikes, carts, trucks 'n stuff that just stays at the playground that kids can play with. It makes sense since most homes are less than 700 square feet (I would assume) just to leave the toys there. Well Edison has fallen in love with a certain bike and a toy shopping cart that I think he would like having at home so I will most likely cave in and buy him something of the sort once I get back home.
After the park, we went home and put baby down for a nap and then since we were racing the clock to bedtime, we decided to just walk to a store that I had been wanting to shop at. He was on meltdown mode by the time we got there, so I had just enough time to try on a pair of pants and a top. I was glad because I found the brand of jeans that always fits me right that isn't sold online or in Denver. So mommy's jean quest=Mission Accomplished.
In other mommy news... I've been eaten alive by mosquitos! We've been leaving the screenless window next to our bed open at night so it isn't too stuffy and the mosquitos seem to love me! My skin has been bit ALL over and it totally "bugs"!!!!!!!! And itches.
This is cute... Edison goes and sits in his stroller every morning when we start to talk about what we are gonna do for the day. He also brings me my shoes!-

We are at Sheridan Square waiting for Jim's colleague-

Edison standing next to the white sculptures at Sheridan Square-

More naked baby at the park time. Bike rides and sand make Edison a party baby!-

No comments:
Post a Comment