Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrating Mother's Day


My Mother's Day started off with hearing the pitter patter of Edison's feet running across the house, into our bedroom bringing me a glass of juice. Music to my ears. Even better, the look of accomplishment in his eyes carrying a glass cup to me carefully and making it was priceless. After he handed it to me he said "I love you mommy. Mother's Day mommy!" PRECIOUS INDEED! As a response I told Edison that it was because he was born that I was celebrating Mother's Day today.

I stayed in bed and he and Jim cooked breakfast. We hung out at the house for most of the day. The neighbor kids came over and played with Edison out in his sandbox too. Jim did a much needed "deep clean" in the kitchen. We ate lunch, took a nap and played in the sandbox some more.

Later in the afternoon, the boys took me to our favorite ice cream parlor Red Trolley and we had a scoop of ice cream and then walked around the neighborhood looking at the beautiful houses in North Denver. We met some kids, played/petted dogs and then went to the "froggy" park and played for another hour or so.

Here we are walking in the alley behind Red Trolley-

Afterward, we went to dinner at El Original Tacos Jalisco. Jim was planning on cooking, but the afternoon flew by so we went there instead. What's great and delicious about this place is that they offer up 5 different fresh salsas with warm chips when you are seated. Edison was brave and tried most of the flavors and really "loved" them as he told Jim and I.

We took a picture with the Tacos Jalisco mascot cuz Edison thinks he looks like Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street-

So that was my second Mother's Day. Now I'm writing an update and Jim and Edison are finishing up bath time! Overall, I would say I'm pretty lucky to have a sweet, small little family.

OTHER STUFF:
-Our whole weekend was quite lovely. We had breakfast with the Comptons on Saturday as an early Mother's Day celebration, it was real nice to spend some time with them and of course Edison was excited.
-Happy birthday to my dad who celebrated his birthday on the 6th and to my oldest brother Josh on the 8th. Also Jim's grandma celebrated her 89th birthday on April 28th!
-We are looking forward to going to my brother Seth's wedding in California at the end of the month.
-And Edison turns two on the 23rd, so I still need to find some planning time to come up with fun party plans.
-Also, am I supposed to be having a baby shower for baby #2? Jim's sister Kelli asked me. I don't know what protocol is... we aren't gonna get any big ticket items for her. We are just planning on using Edison's crib and stroller and high chair, etc. But I need to get some girly things...
-We are working on getting Edison's new bedroom put together (SLOWLY), but its on its way, if only I could tap into my energy reserves once Edison goes to bed.

Okay, the boys are reading stories now... that's my cue to join in.

Happy Mother's Day to all the sweet moms who are friends and family reading this.

3 comments:

N said...

I totally had a baby shower when I was pregnant with Addy, since I was having a girl I needed different things. It was very well received and helped out a lot. This past time with Evie I did not have a baby shower because it was my 2nd girl. I think general protocol is that if it's a different sex and is a couple of years past, go for it! :)

Alisha said...

That's what Jim's sister and I were talking about... that it's okay if its a girl... Glad you're done writing all your papers, all your FB posts of writing made my fingers hurt :)!

N said...

You have to let all of your friends and fam, including me! Shower you with gifts for the girl! And a few things for big bro Edison as well.