Like my Aunt Susan I love reading cookbooks. I love cooking from cookbooks. I bookmark and drool over foodie blogs. LOVE IT! I love that Edison loves spending time in the kitchen with me. I hope Audrey will grow to love it too.
Well I've been cooking a lot more recently now that we've run out of pre-made meals given to us from friends and family members after Audrey's arrival. When Jim gets home in the evening, I hand over Audrey and he takes her outside along with Edison to play.
Anywho, I just wanted to share this wonderful recipe called the "Gahndi Bowl" which is this homemade curry over steamed veggies, rice and tempeh (or tofu or any meat of your choosing) topped with fresh green onions and dried cranberries. Oh it was just so good, I couldn't wait for leftovers the next day.
Another thing I've been making a lot of which is a hit around the Compton house is a peanut butter & banana smoothie... its easy to make:
-take 2 chopped up bananas and put in a ziploc bag and put in freezer for at least a few hours
-once bananas are frozen put in blender or food processor along with 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) and puree.
...its very easy to make and its healthy (mostly)... the frozen bananas cause the smoothie to thicken up like ice cream. YUM!
I could go on and on about other recipes I can't wait to make... okay I'll share one more Chiles en Nogada... the recipe sounds great and I love how the cook garnished it with pomegranate seeds. Can't wait to try it. I love pomegranates too... they are high overhead to prepare, but worth it!
Share any recipes with me in the comments if you think there's something I have to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment