Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jim

It was Jim's birthday yesterday and so Edison, Audrey and I threw him a "KITTYCAT BIRTHDAY PARTY!" Edison and I had been looking forward to the party for a few weeks now.

It was nothing big, just us, some Chinese food and then we invited the Stoltz' over for cupcakes.

The fun part was prepping for the party- mostly just Edison and I talking about what we wanted to eat for the party and just saying the phrase "kittycat birthday party" would get Edison so excited. We made kittycat decorations and hung them up in the dining room and I was going to make cupcakes but I was FAR TOO TIRED the night before to muster up some energy to make them, but they would've had kittycats on them if I were to have made 'em.

Since we like to party, we did celebrate Jim's birthday with his family on Saturday-- birthday brunch. It's also my mother-in-laws birthday this Sunday so we celebrated her birthday as well (HBday LINDA!!). Jim and Edison are taking grandma out for her birthday this weekend to meet Thomas the Tank Engine!

And while I'm talking birthdays, a big happy birthday to my sister Molly on the 19th. Her birthday present was finding out she's pregnant again. And also Happy Anniversary to my parents who have been married 37 years on September 15th.

2 comments:

N said...

I love your family pic, you have an absolutely gorgeous family.

Alisha said...

Thanks Nichol! You have a beautiful family too! I'm thinking about you guys right now... what a shocking /tough/scary past 48 hours you've had. Hope Logan is doing great and will recover easily. SO SCARY... need to go onto FB and see what update is. Thinking about you...