Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Edison is 2 years, 4 months old this week

Edison is such a hambone. So funny. So honest. So silly. So great. So independent. So strong-willed. So many things to me. He makes me laugh and makes me proud. I admire him.

I'm proud of him for getting really good on his balance bike. He's getting the hang of cruising the neighborhood on it.

He's not potty trained yet-- we've got to work on that.

Edison had me laughing this afternoon... we gave him my iPod boombox to have in his room and he was playing with it during naptime and somehow ended up turning the volume up as loud as it could go. It would be fine (I GUESS) if the songs were pleasant, but unfortunately it was on an album of ours that is not kid-friendly to say the least... loud screamy female vocals and scary sounding synths. I waited (and laughed to myself) for a few minutes to see if he was going to call for me to turn it off or if he'd run out of his room to get away from the sound but he didn't! I was feeding Audrey at the time, so I finally laid her down (because she was starting to cover her ears too) and opened his door and turned down the sound... I called for him but didn't see him in his room... I thought maybe he was on the side of his bed. Turns out he was hiding under his covers to mask the sound. What I admire about this situation is that when its naptime Edison stays in his room until I come and get him, so even with the blaring music he waited for me. That's not to say he follows all house rules, but I thought it was cute he held out for me to come and save him.

No comments: