Friday, March 4, 2011

Split Lip...


Edison split his lip open yesterday!

You can't really tell in the above picture, but it's on the left side (our left, his right) near the side of his mouth.

He was running to the bathroom to go potty (cuz when ya gotta go, ya gotta go) and he tripped on his way in and bumped his lip on the tile and it looks like he bit his lip with his vampire tooth. He barely cried and didn't even tell me. Instead my little Mr. Independent went to the bathroom, then got a box of tissues and cleaned the blood off of his lip. I was in the room cleaning up and he came up to me and said he had blood on him and when I looked he in fact had a pretty big split on his lip!

Whenever he gets hurt, I sort of sway as my mind goes through the checklist of what to do... do I call Jim, do I call pediatrician, how do I make him better right away...?! So I cleaned his lip, gave him an icepack, left a message for the pediatrician, did a google search and reassured myself that kids mouths heal quickly and to feed him lot's of popsicles, so I got him a popsicle, called Jim and we went on with our day.

Edison liked getting a popsicle ontop of being rewarded a girl scout cookie every time he goes to the bathroom. His lip looks pretty ouchie today. And of course like I said, Mr. Independent got up this morning went into the bathroom and put some neosporin on his lip before coming into our room.

As a side note: Edison has been waking up earlier than us because his room is on the southeast side and the sun just shines in there first thing. It's been rough on me because I was used to him sleeping in until 8/830, but now its 7 and that's about the time I'm just falling back into a deep sleep after feeding Audrey.

No comments: