Meet the extended COMPTON PARTY... starring the Compton, Pojman, Thompson, Kinnunen, Vickers and O'Brien family!
Activities included: staying up late and chatting, playing Apples to Apples, ping pong, making a birthday card at the craft table, nature walks to see the alpacas, home-cooked meals by all of us, enjoying the hot tub (in the snow), a slideshow of family photos of the last 90 years, quality time with family members and Edison playing with everyone & more.
A highlight for me was Mary reading a play she had written for her high school Dramatics class in 1938. Her writing was so captivating and I could totally imagine it being a real play. It was hearing her play that I realized Jim inherited his writing and artistic talents from her. If you know Mary, you know that she is a wonderful artist having hand-crafted many lifelike dolls and sculptures and is a great at drawing. I never knew she was a great writer as well.
We were also thrilled that Jim's sister Kelli and her boyfriend Eric flew in from Washington. Edison just loves seeing Aunt Kelli... and she showered him with gifts that he has been sleeping with since we got back home.
The only tough part about this trip was Audrey adjusting to the new bed and her schedule being completely thrown off. It was rough and she and I didn't get much sleep. Edison slept through her crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment