It seemed like it turned spring to summer overnight. Yesterday was so sunny and so we loaded the babes in the wagon, lathered up on sunscreen (okay, I was bad and didn't put any on my chest and got sunburned, but the kids were covered), and we met up with some of our friends at the Horseshoe Craft & Flea Market that was down the street from our house.
We met up with Kurt and Oscar (2 months) and Kim and Poppie (6 weeks)! It was a baby fest for us. We also ran into Kevin and Emilee our neighbors and their baby Harper (10 months). We chatted, moseyed around the booths, and bought a few things.
I was happy that Kansas City Kitty had a booth there. It's a great shop that's in Fort Collins and they have the best homemade jewelry, clothing, stuffed monsters and vintage goodies. It's my longtime friend Christie's store. Christie and I worked together at the thrift store when I was in high school and she was in college, she was my role model. She always said when we worked together that she wanted to own her own shop one day, and she does! We let the kids pick out a toy at Christie's shop. Edison chose a vintage bear and Audrey got a fuzzy monster named Sunny.
I also bought some salted caramel banana pudding from Helliemae's Salt Caramels. When we ran into our neighbors, they pulled out a jar of fresh, homemade pudding and I knew we needed to get some too. Holy moly, so delish! I wish I had some caramel sauce from her to drizzle on ice cream and fruit.

The food trucks were there. We ate according to length of line, choosing the shortest which wasBasic Kneads, an artisan pizza truck. YUM! I was hoping to eat at Seabirds, a food truck that's currently on the tv show The Great Food Truck Race. The line was across the lot. They were filming there for a competition. Seabirds is from Orange County and their menu was veggie-friendly, so I was hoping to eat there (and try their beer batter avocado tacos), but I'm glad to have eaten from a local food truck I had been reading about.

So that was our Saturday. Oh I should mention that Edison had a few encounters with people at the market that made him act out. He screamed a blood-curdling scream when I was talking with a shop owner who was asking me about him. It was a little uncomfortable for me. He gets so screamy when someone he's not sure about asks him (or me) a question about him that he'll either a)scream b)make a pout face and fake cry c)yell a response to the person. It's tough because I feel bad that he's potentially hurting someone's feelings. It's tough because I feel like I may be judged of not being a good parent. I know it's just a phase. We try and correct the situation every time it happens, that's all I can really do.
Today, Mother's Day, we all got up around 8am and Jim offered to take us out to breakfast atWatercourse, my favorite spot. It was really nice, we were even seated in what I think is the best seat in the house. I got my usual, the Firenza Scramble.



We went home and called all our mommies and called my brother Josh to sing him a happy 38th birthday!

This afternoon, after lounging around the house and playing outside with Edison, we went to our friends' annual PeepsBQ. A BBQ and potluck where you're encouraged to make a Peeps diorama, grill up some Peeps s'mores and hang out.
Now Jim is cleaning the house and I'm blogging. A nice end to a lovely weekend with my dear family, who I learn from and cherish more and more everyday.

THE NEAR FUTURE: We are looking for a new house. I look a lot at online listings. We hope to be moved on the east side of Denver near Edison's preschool before September.

No comments:
Post a Comment