Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of Preschool (Part 1: The Drop Off)

I was brave, no tears. My heart is full of pride and I'm looking forward to hearing about his day...

Over breakfast he asked if I could stay with him while he was at school, but I said "no." He seemed okay, but asked a few follow up questions after that.

I documented our morning as much as I could.

A peek into his backpack-

Loading up the car-




We made it-
But we were early so we walked around the campus-




As we were walking back to the main entrance Edison saw one of his teachers he met last week, so he said "hi" to her and she said "ni-hao" (hello) back and then he said, "Ni-hao, I like your shirt!" She smiled and her response was "You are a really nice kid."

Then we found our friends Sebastian and Harry and hung out in front of the school.

Here's his classroom, although I didn't really photo it-
...we met his teachers, he organized his belongings into his cubbyhole, and then we found his class' potty and he went to the bathroom, flushed, washed hands and put paper towel into trash.

He cried for a split second because he didn't want us to leave and go have coffee with the parents but then he stopped, said goodbye and went back to playing.

I took one last look before I left-
Then we met with other parents in the gym for their "Coffee and Kleenex." We are happy our friend Harry is in Edison's class. Harry's sister Poppie will be in same class as Audrey when they're 3!-

I do miss Edison. I want to text message him to see how he's liking it, but obviously that's not possible. Most of all I'm grateful for this new milestone in his life.

No comments: