His teachers say he did great, didn't cry or fuss and also that he had fun and was nice to other students.
A few things:
-he's not wanting to talk about his day yet.
-I was trying to be helpful and have his food easy to access so I put it all in one ziploc bag and his food got all goopy, oops! Now I know.
When we got there I was standing outside of his door, but class was still in session. I could see him sitting and eventually he saw me. We were smiling and waving at each other. As soon as his teachers opened the door ad I went in, he started sobbing. I think he was just so happy to see me and he didn't want to talk about his day, but wanted to go home and see his cats and Audrey and daddy. Jim and Audrey came into room and he was crying even more. What a tender hearted kid!
I had his zuckertute in the car so I gave it to him.
He said, "I'm giggling because I love it" while we were at home and he was looking at all it's contents.

All in all, it was a good day for all of us. Edison seemingly liked school, Jim worked on getting the house ready to sell, Audrey took a long nap in a quiet house a I did a load of laundry. Win-Win! After nap, Audrey hung out with our contractor/friend's kiddo-

Edison even shared a granola bar with him when he got home from school.-
Here's a peek at a few things from Edison's school... a bulletin board outside of his classroom that will showcase his work and his cubby!-

EDIT: Well I thought Edison was indifferent about school, so I said he "seemingly" liked it, but in all actuality, later on after I posted this he very expressly said that he didn't like school. So there ya have it. We'll see how he does on Monday. Jim is right, I try too hard to find a silver lining!



No comments:
Post a Comment