Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Audrey is 21 Months

We played at the park after we dropped Edison off at school-


Then we went back to the same park after we picked him up-








Audrey is still excelling in language and in being sweet to her mom and dad. However, 80% of the time she is irritated with her brother and she's finally getting old enough to recognize she can fight back...with tears and screaming or hitting. She has grown so frustrated with Edison taking toys away from her that she's now overly sensitive if you touch her things, to the point that she screams, which screaming is sort of becoming more often in our house because Edison does it and she copies everything he does. It's like a loud attention-getting scream.

She knows her colors, she can count to twenty, she knows her favorite songs by heart and she is a little bossy. I guess you could say, she's a bonafide toddler.

She still loves her veggies and cucumbers seem to be her favorite. I buy food based on what's in season so at times I think I wear her out on foods, so it takes a few months to want to
try them again. For instance, she was so excited for strawberries to be served, now she's over them but wants blueberries. She loves
pretzels too! Milk is her favorite drink. She loves guacamole.

She likes taking care of her dolly and her baby-- she even tucks them into bed, washes their faces and pushes them in her little stroller. She has a favorite blanket. Earlier this month she alerted Jim she had to go bathroom and pooped in the potty. I gotta admit, I'm ready to be done with diapers. She (well me, cuz she's ready now) will be ready for potty training soon as she can tell you whether she has gone pee-pee, poop or diarrhea!

She loves asking "what's that" and also likes pointing out what she observes on the street like dogs and geese. She also points out fire trucks, ambulance and police cars. She also says "too loud" when sirens pass by or motorcycles and loud cars. She has specific music tastes and dictates her playlist to me from her carseat. She is shy when meeting someone new, but seems to quickly warm up and immediately answer questions with full sentences. She knows how to spell her brothers name and mimics reading and pointing out letters and numbers since we
do that with Edison.

What cracks me up lately is when she wakes up she hollers, "mommy get me out of here" and if I don't quickly respond she follows it up with "mommy get me out of here PLEASE!" then when I walk in her room she says "mommy get me up!"

She is my little lady love.

No comments: