Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Field Trip: Asian Supermarket

Audrey and I accompanied Edison and his class to the Asian supermarket this week and it was a lot of fun. This is where we went-


The kids got to see all the different foods carried there versus an American store. I saw lots of weird fish and also you could buy live frogs which I assume you'd eat. Lots of other leafy greens beyond what we have and more. I was struck by all the noodle options. Like a whole aisle of different noodles--- I'm so glad because often I will cool Asian recipes and can't find exact noodle.

We arrived early with another family so we had a few minutes to play. Here's Audrey crying and Edison and his favorite friend Harry having a blast-


More pics from our excursion.








Afterward we went to an Asian buffet for lunch. I don't think Edison is in this photo-


All in all, so glad I got to go. I had been looking forward to going as a chaperone but my work schedule doesn't really allow for
it so I didn't have a chance to. I love being a part of Edison's school life, and I've met some really cool parent too.

No comments: