Was a fun weekend for lil' ol' me. Our whole station worked a four day music festival which included introducing bands onstage, conducting interviews, hosting a live broadcast all over the state of Colorado and more.
It was also a tough weekend because it was hard not to think of the horrific events in Aurora. As a radio personality, those things must be talked about so it was with heavy heart both on my radio show Friday morning and during the music festival onstage Friday evening that I had to be the voice of support and information for our listening community.
A writer for The Denver Post heard me at the festival give a moment of silence onstage before the first band played and gave me a nod in the paper, which was nice. A co-worker tipped me off about seeing it: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21129576/denvers-underground-music-showcase-proves-welcome-diversion?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com
Over the weekend as I roamed this festival, among the music community I love, I got a chance not only to see friends in bands and other friends in the music business, but most of all, I met many fans of both me personally that have been listening to me on the radio for over 10 years since I was in college radio and newer fans too! Hearing people shout my name as I walked past them, wanting to get their picture with me or tell me they think I'm cool made this music geek feel like a total rockstar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment