Last week I was convinced that Edison was going through his 6 week growth spurt a week early, but now I realize its for sure this week!
I've been feeding him non-stop, which has been keeping me away from the computer, taking pictures, finishing meals, etc. But breast-feeding has turned out to be a joy-- mostly because he and I have it figured out together, which at first it was difficult and scary to me. I'm getting comfortable feeding him wherever we need to when he's hungry. My arm muscles are getting stronger.
I'm feeling healthy. Although there is one change in my body, my tummy... its numb! It finally sunk in that I can't feel a portion of it over the weekend when I was resting my hand on it and didn't even notice. I wonder if it will stay like this forever, or get some of the feeling back--- OH C-Section! Otherwise, I have a clean bill of health.
Its fun to stare at Edison and look at his development. His tear ducts are working now, so when he cries, the tears stream down. His eyelashes are getting longer, as opposed to when he was born you could barely see them. His body getting longer and so is his hair. He got the hair from my side of the family-- I believe the baby inherits it from the mother's father. His eyes are this beautiful blue and its cool to look at his pupils, they are perfect and so new.
Now that he's in his second month he is starting to see color. Other things: controls neck and extremities better, smiles in response to a stimulus, raises head higher when lying on stomach, sees greater distances.
We are definitely having a fun party time with Edison! But first we must go to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment