Tuesday, July 22, 2008

(NOT SO HOT) Shots Today!

If you look closely you can see a band-aid on each of Edison's legs. He got 6 shots today! I took him to his 2-month checkup at the Pediatrician and to my surprise Edison had to get a handful of vaccination shots. It was a little frightening for the both of us, and in the end he "out-braved"  me! 

You can also see that his eyes are groggy, this is from the side-effects of the shots and the dose of Tylenol that they gave him. The doctor says that his legs should be sore and he should be more fussy and tired than usual for the next few days. For me this means, more cuddle time!

Besides the shots, his appointment went great! He is gaining weight and growing long at just the right rate for being a guy with a super-fast metabolism like his dad. His vision and hearing are excellent and the doctor noticed how strong he is! If you haven't gotten to meet Edison yet, he's got extra-strong legs and arms.

I also had an appointment this week too. It was my 6 week follow-up exam with my OBGYN, 2 weeks late as my doctor was on vacation. My c-section incision looks good, I'm losing my pregnancy weight and I don't have to come back for another year! But I still have a lot of doctor's appointments in the near future... Unfortunately, Edison will be back to the Pediatrician at 4 months and will have to get more shots!

Our time at home is going well. Edison eats a lot, we coo (well its more like "gee"), smile, go for walks, get belly time and go outside. Now that he's developing each week, I need to show him the baby books more often so he can enjoy them and have him interact with some of his other toys. 

No comments: