Saturday, August 9, 2008

11 Weeks Old & Counting...






So how does it work? He's 11 weeks old, so it should be that next Friday he's 12 (3 months), but its only the 15th and he was born on the 23rd. You following me? So am I supposed to say, he's 3 months because if we were counting months, he'd be a week shy. Explain this to me. And also, what's the protocol for counting weeks. In forty weeks am I supposed to say he's 41 weeks? This I don't know. Oh, and another thing I don't get is the percentile that the Pediatrician tells us he's in--- like 25% for weight, 75% for height. They just tell you percentile assuming you know what it means. 

Okay, so that was the counting part of the email. Let's take a look at what 11 weeks looks like and here's your update-

Edison discovered his fingers on Monday! He doesn't really know what to do with them once he puts them in his mouth, but he discovered them. The first time I realized this, I was walking around the mall holding him and took a peek at him and he was soothing himself by having his thumb in his mouth. It was very cute. I got a pic of him yesterday with his thumb in his mouth too, so you can see. He also sucks on other fingers too, just kind of puts 'em in his mouth. 

We're attending an infant massage class. This is really cool. It meets for an hour every Saturday morning and we are all enjoying it as a family. Edison seemingly thinks its pretty cool and Jim and I are enjoying giving him massage. He complies with us more than the other babies in the class do with their parents.

What else... the baths are going great. He smiles a lot! We still go to the breast-feeding clinic and he's up to 9 pounds, 13 ounces. He loves stroller rides and being outdoors. 




No comments: