Friday, August 15, 2008

12 Weeks Old Today!


Wow. Twelve weeks already. 

I think Edison laughed today. He was making a gleeful cry-like sound accompanied by smiles, and I'm almost certain this is his first stages of a laugh. So COOL!

THIS WEEK: Mostly really great days with a few hard ones of crying that mom couldn't cure with love... Infant massage is going good, he really likes it. We've been looking at the flashcards dad made, belly time is his least favorite activity so I seem to do it less with him, although I should do it more. Baths are going awesome, thanks to Super Dad! 

Today I spied on him while I was getting gas at the pump through the back window and I saw him playing with his blanket--that was a big deal for me, so cool! Also, he's reached a milestone that he can pick his head up after a nap in the carseat, that's real neat. 

We've had some good naps, and some days we don't nap at all.  

This week's picture is of him taking a great sleepytime in our "family bed" this morning. I thought it fit in with the chilly and rainy weather we had today. Edison is interested in the rain, we had a good time hanging out on the porch today and looking at it. He also had plenty of time to look at it as I drove him and I to Boulder to have lunch with dad.   

Twelve weeks later I'm still amazed that I made this little guy in my belly, and everytime I look at him, its wonderful and I love how beautiful he is to me. 

No comments: