Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nine Months & Counting...

Human life is so beautiful. Edison is so wonderful. He has hit a few new milestones this week and I'm just so proud of him. Its hard not to be sentimental when I sit down to write these blogs about my family life. 

Edison turned 9 months old on Monday, so happy 9 months baby!

Our visit to the Pediatrician went great. He continues to grow at a healthy pace and got a clean bill of health all around. And his cuteness charmed the nurses and doctors there, as well as some of the families in the waiting room. He was flirting by showing off his smile and waving! 

He's getting so good at waving. 

So yes, the Pediatrician.  He now weighs 20lbs, 9oz. This puts him at the 50th percentile with his weight. This means out of 100 babies his age, he is right in the middle for his size. He is also in the 50th percentile for his height, which is 28 inches and his head size (which I can't remember).

I mentioned that he hit some milestones... he can now sit up on his own from a laying down position. He's pretty much crawling, almost walking and he can pull himself up to stand if he's holding onto something.

I found out about his being able to stand by himself when I walked into his room after he was done "taking a nap" and found him standing up in his crib. Take a look-
I couldn't believe what I saw, so I got the camera right away and took a picture, then went to his rescue. As you can see by the pic, he didn't want to nap, so after me giving him 15 minutes to fall asleep, I went into his room and he was crying for me and standing up... ALL BY HIMSELF! It was scary, but cute and I was so proud. Then I wrote Jim to tell him and we both decided its time to move his crib mattress down to the lowest setting. 

Speaking of naps, Edison is up from his, so I should go... he is calling out for me. 

Enjoy these other pics I've taken over the last week or so- 

TOOTHY SMILE!
...since this photo above was taken, Edison has started to get his two front teeth!
...just hanging out.
...just playing with toys.
...and playing with more toys.
...still rocking the sippy cup o' water!
...and eating an unopened package of yeast. MMM!

BYE!

No comments: