Dear Edison,
I love that you always say "peas" and "do-do" (please and thank you).
I love that you have started kissing things you love in books. Like trains and kitties. I love when you lean over to kiss me the most. Oh and I melt when you lay your head on my chest.
I get tickled when Isabel's dad brags to other parents saying, "Edison is such a good eater." I love that you always eat your fruits and vegetables, or at least try them and I think its funny that you peel off the breading on the fish stick and eat the fish.
I love when you ask for a "sna" (snack) and happily eat apples and ask for more. I love that you like to eat bananas straight from the peel instead of being cut into coins.
I love you say "wash" and pick up a washcloth in the bathroom and start wiping the floors and anything else you can reach.
I love when you say "trash" and that you actually walk to the trash can and throw wrappers and fruit peels away.
I love that you know where the batteries are kept and can say the word "batt-e," mostly because you know that they are what make certain things go (like electric toothbrushes).
I love that you are good with names and can look at someone's picture and say who they are. I especially love when you get excited about seeing all of your grandparents' pictures you smile real big and kiss their pictures.
I love that you have developed your own interests that you are already passionate about, including trains, horses, and Elmo.
I love that you get excited when you recognize that something you're asking for was understood by your parents and excitedly answer "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!"
I love that when there is something that you like or think is funny that you're not shy to ask for "Mo" (more) or "ghen" (again).
I love your quirk about wanting "TWOS," that is two of any like object (toothbrushes, hairbrushes, sippy cups, balls), one in each hand.
I love that when we dress you in something new that you immediately run to the mirror to go check yourself out.
Although it sometimes worries me, I love that you seem to be generally unencumbered by fear and seem to recover from painful accidents quickly. But mommy wants you to stop eating crayons, sand, and dirt...
I love that you have empathy for other people's pain, and cry the hardest if you think that someone you love has been hurt.
Mostly we love what a wonderful, interesting young man you are growing into.
Love,
Mom and Dad
1 comment:
Best letter in the world. <3
Post a Comment