Monday, January 23, 2012

Audrey is 18 months old!

Happy 18 months Audrey!

There hasn't been a word over the last month that this little one can't pronounce. Or at least try to. She is just going through a language explosion right now and I love it. I love that she's beginning to communicate with us on a different level.

She has memorized the songs ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Doe A Deer (from The Sound of Music), Happy Birthday and loves to sing along to them. Audrey can count to 20--sometimes she stumbles around 12, so I mention 13, then she'll say 14, and we count all the way up to 20 together. She's recently discovered her independence at the park and realized she doesn't need me to help her on some of the little slides.

Audrey is proving to be social and friendly (okay sometimes shy too), but she's had a babysitter for the last few weeks and she warmed right up to the family. She also freely says "hi" to parents and kids at Edison's school or while shopping.

She still loves to eat and peas are her favorite vegetable. She loves anything ice cream (I got her hooked) and her favorite snack is pretzels. She still has an appetite for healthy food, so that's great and she is a fan of my home cooking (I say this because Edison is so-so on some of my fancy creations, but will eventually eat them).

Audrey's 18 months pediatrician appointment went well. We had to fill out a questionnaire about Miss Mac's development and she meets all the developmental milestones. She exceeds with language, just like Edison. Gosh, there's so much to share but here's the data from her well baby visit.

Height: 32 1/4" (67th percentile)
Weight: 25#, 7oz (67th percentile)
Head Circumference: 47.3cm (75th percentile)

Enjoy some photos over the last month:

We just arrived at our 18 months pediatrician appointment. I took Audrey over to explore the fish and read some books.
Here's Audrey during her pediatrician appointment, minutes before her shots.
After her appointment, we had some time to spare before going to pick up Edison from school so we stopped to get a snack at Q'Doba. Audrey was loving the black beans.
Audrey likes dress up. But we sort of have to play with things while Edison is at school because he doesn't really want to share with her. We'll get there, and we'll eventually get Audrey some of her own dress up goodies so she can have fun with her own things too.
Here's another day where we were waiting for Edison to be done with school. We went exploring.
Last Saturday morning--she loves the cats!
Painting her face, although you should see the magnet she painted, it turned out really great!
Love her in these shades. I also want to note I think its cute that the kids like to wear sunglasses because they see it as wearing glasses like Jim and I!
See you soon!

No comments: