Sunday, January 22, 2012

Edison is 3 years, 7 & 8 months

This boy right here. He's no baby, he's a little boy!
While he isn't always a fan of his little sister, he does show compassion and paternal love for her at times. Like pulling her around the neighborhood for a wagon ride....
Or riding bikes with her up and down the street. Under all the jealousy that comes with having a sibling, he really does love his sister. And she loves him too. They are downstairs now playing in our toyroom.
Edison and I still try and go on dates, "Mommy-Edison time" as he calls it. I took him to see the Muppets a few weeks ago. He loved it although he thought the commercials and previews were "BORING" and kept asking when he was going to see Kermit and Piggy. The picture below is us hanging out around the video games after the movie. If you'll notice on his face, he has a giant dragon tattoo! His classmates all got dragon tattoos in an invitation for a birthday party so when Edison wore it to school on his face, he started a trend. One of the parents told us that their son asked for it on their face too and another boy actually came to school the next day with it on his face. There is sure something loving and trendsetting about Edison. As his biggest cheerleader I can say it.
He seems to be settling into school more and more and is really independent. He likes after hours in his bedroom after we put him to bed so he can get out all his toys and mess around, he loves storytime with us at the end of the day and was ecstatic about our recent trip to the library. He still loves being social with our grown up friends and of course craves playdates with his friends, which in the wintertime I'm not as motivated for.

Lately I feel like our schedule revolves around his birthday party invites and playdates. I'm okay with that, it's what I signed up for---an opportunity to give my kiddos a loving environment and socialize the heck out of them.

Other things to note, he's starting the early stages of reading, and is starting to recognize letters and learn pneumonic devices. He's getting good at coloring in the lines and seeing him write numbers at school is wonderful.

Edison is a true darling. I love him.

No comments: