Edison turned two a month ago already? Wow! I'm cherishing every moment I can. This evening we took a picnic dinner of my leftover spaghetti pie and some grapes to Hirshorn Park (or Little Man Park as we call it), ate, played with dogs, watched guys play basketball, saw a Little League practice, played with some nice little girls on the playground and ate some ice cream at Little Man Ice Cream! The most exciting part was that two local fire trucks full of firemen and women showed up to get ice cream too so we got to talk with them and admire their trucks. Summertime is such a wonderful time to be outdoors. Of course Edison makes instant friends with everyone we come in contact with... crazy with Jim and I as parents, I don't know where he gets it! :) People are still so impressed with what a charmer he is, especially because he goes out of his way to actually try and start a conversation with people.
That being said... he's a total sponge right now so remember when you see Edison he not only will engage in conversation with you, but in order to process what you are saying, he will be repeating what you say to him so watch the profanity and negative language. I slip up sometimes, but I mostly say "goodness gracious" and "darnit" and I'm really mindful not to bad mouth people in front of him.
OTHER NEWS: Congrats to our next door neighbors who had a baby girl on Monday (we can't wait to hold and meet her) and our baby girl is continuing to bake like a champ! After my appointment on Tuesday, I'm still at 1 cm and my cervix is softening up some more meaning that we're getting closer, but most likely a few weeks away still. She is very active in my belly and the doctor seemed to suggest she grew a lot since our last appointment. My doctor also said I'm not allowed to go into labor next week because she is on vacation, so we'll see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment