Family Picture Attempt 1:

Family Picture Attempt 2:

Family Picture Attempt 3:

...above are pics taken to document this morning's celebration.
I looked at it as our last small gathering with our few closest friends and grandma and grandpa Compton before baby #2 arrives.
I had the idea of letting anyone bring freezable meals as a gift as well, so thanks to our friends who brought us meals, which will help out greatly since I won't have as much time to cook. And another friend of ours made us coupons to help out with housework!
I guess its safe to say baby #2 could be born any day, I am in term starting next week. We went to hear her heartbeat (or "heartbeep" as Edison says) and measure my cervix on Friday. I'm 1 cm dilated, but we had an ultrasound too and it looks like she's still riding up pretty high which hints that she's not quite ready to come out. She is also head down, which is good since that's the way she needs to be when she comes out. The doctor said that she looks great, her activity of bouncing around in my tummy is a great sign that she's just happy and healthy. And she said that she'll probably be a smaller baby than Edison who was 8 pounds, 2.2 ounces.
Its rainy outside, its making me sleepy, I hear Jim getting Edison ready for bed and I'm taking some time to blog. I wish I had a giant bathtub with fancy jets to relax in tonight and read a book... Jim promises he'll get me one someday and honestly, our tiny house would look quite silly with one, but here's hoping when we find our next home we might have the space for comfy tub for mommy.
Lately Edison has been making Jim and I giggle after we get him down for bed. Since its been lighter longer in the evenings its almost as if he's not ready to go to bed at 8pm, even though he's exhausted. So after we read our last book and sing our last song to him and close the door, he will pull out every trick in the book to get us back into his room hollering out, "poo-poo change mommy," "massage," "more books," "milk," "water," "songs," "kiss goodnight," "coughing, tissue," "love you!" ...how can you not want to go back in when he says things like that! And sometimes it works... like maybe he really does have a dirty diaper which we'd never want him to sleep in. HAHA, what a fun adventure parenting is! As I've learned with just having one, its a joyful, but never easy experience and two is gonna be double the pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment