We went to Steve's Snappin' Dogs for lunch today before our doctor's appointment and Jim and I found ourselves giggling at Edison's sharing skills. He's very good at asking someone to share with him by saying "share please," but if you ask him, 98% of the time he won't budge.
Edison was eating a frozen banana today and Jim asked for a bite. Edison then went to the end of the table to eat it so Jim couldn't reach. Jim and I reminded Edison that "sharing is a two-way street between please and thank you," but he's still learning what that means (I'd like to think).
Eventually he let Jim have a bite, but we had quite a laugh waiting for him to get to the point where he wanted to share. Too funny.
This picture sums it all up:

In baby #2 news, not much to report. My overnight bag is nearly packed, just need to add toothbrush and paste when its time to go, but otherwise we'll be ready for her arrival or "labor day" as I sometimes call it. I'm 1.5 cm dilated, but she's still riding pretty high in my belly meaning we have some time. Her room is coming together, I gave it a serious cleaning over the last 24 hours. I have a sewing project that I need to address sometime this week for her room and I need to get a few things framed and hung up, but the cosmetic stuff isn't that important. The room is clean, ready for a new baby and her clothes are organized, diapers are accessible. We are good to go.
Edison is still getting used to his bed and new room. He hasn't slept in his crib in a week. Naptime has been really tough to get him to settle down, especially on weekends and the summer sunshine hours keep him up WAY late.
No comments:
Post a Comment