Today's Agenda:
-eat at Blue Plate
-go to OSMI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)
-go to IKEA
-pack and get ready to go home
Slept in today. We went to Blue Plate Lunch Counter and Soda Fountain. Like the name of the restaurant suggests, its just that. Jim got chicken and grits and a chocolate egg cream and I got grilled cheese and tomato soup and this yummy soda that had ginger, lemongrass and lime in it! The owner of this place used to work for Wolfgang Puck.
Going on with our day, we accomplished the above agenda except for one minor bump in the road. When we got to OSMI, it was closed! Kind of a bummer, but it provided Jim and I with a good laugh as we mused about the movie Vacation and how when they got to WallyWorld, it was closed. Jim said that this wasn't the first time he went on vacation only to find out that the place they were going to was closed. When he was little his family drove to Disneyland and it was closed, so they had to go to Knotts Berry Farm instead!
OSMI is along the river, so Jim took a pic of the stroller and I. Edison is in the stroller, you just can't see him.
...and here's Jim waiting on this bridge for the bus to pick us up.
...and here's Jim and Edison at the train stop by the IKEA.
I don't really remember much after this except going back to the hotel and packing. OH! We ordered pizza from Hotlips. They make great pizza and sodas! Yes, I got a blueberry soda and Jim got a strawberry (actually reverse that, I had the strawberry). There was delish pulp from the fruit in the bottom of the bottle. I think we just went to bed after that. Maybe tv?
We go home tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment