This is a picture from our trip to Portland. I wanted to show off that sweet gummy grin of my twenty-onederful week baby boy. That gummy grin isn't gonna be gummy forever though. While he hasn't cut any yet, I can see signs of teeth! What a milestone this will be for us.
In fact, there's a few milestones that are approaching us. But before I list them, I want to report that Edison went in for a "well baby" check since we had to add formula to his diet to fatten him up and I can happily report that he is now in the 10th (up from the 3rd) percentile. He went from weighing 10 pounds, 11 ounces to 14 pounds, 7 ounces. GO BABY!
All that said, our doctor has given us the green light to go ahead and incorporate food into his diet! This means that I will continue to nurse Edison every 2-3 hours and for one of his feedings, add a food. We will start with rice cereal and every 3 days try out a new food. I will be making baby food (I'm very excited for this as I love to cook). We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow will be our first try...
Other milestones, Edison can pretty much sit up by himself (pretty much) and his army crawl is getting good.
I'm just loving my life with him and watching him develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment