Saturday, November 20, 2010

4 Month Well Baby Check-Up

On Thursday we took Audrey to her 4 month well baby check-up. It went great. She's healthy, reached all her milestones and is an overall happy baby. We sure are lucky.

Her stats:
Height- 24 3/4 inches (just above 75th percentile)
Weight- 12 pounds, 15 3/4 ounces (just under 50th percentile)
Head- 40.5 centimeters (just under 50th percentile)

She has been strictly breast fed up to this point. She has a bottle about once a week, but pumping is pain, so that's why she doesn't get too many bottle feeds from dad. We got the okay to introduce her to solid foods so tonight we fed her some multi-grain cereal. I'll post about that later.

We are hoping her getting solid foods will help keep her full and sleep longer/and maybe all the way through the night. I've been pretty tired (obviously) and Audrey wakes up anywhere between 2-5 times at night so I feel like zombie-mom at times. Last night (well this morning) was bliss-- I got just over three hours of sleep in a row! A first in a LONG time, thanks Jim for watching Edison while I got some near-uninterrupted shut eye! And thanks Audrey for sleeping in too! The pediatrician recommended that now that she's four months old we can start to sleep train Audrey. This involves trying to get her to fall asleep on her own instead of while eating. WISH ME LUCK! Its emotional for her and I--- we really are connected.

Despite feeling like I nurse all the time and that I don't get much sleep, at four months Audrey is just such a joy to watch. She loves holding onto toys--- especially crabby rattle and everything she gets in her tiny little hands goes straight to her mouth. So you gotta watch out if you hold her cuz she'll probably want to eat your fingers, but please try and not let her do that since its cold season (thanks!). She loves looking at herself in the mirror. She leans in real close to get a better look at the baby she sees. She LOVES Edison. Sometimes Edison is a little too loud and it startles her though. She loves when we all dance and gets a big grin. She has this deeply emotional cry when she gets sad (like if we are trying to let her fall asleep on her own) and its so expressive and breaks my heart. She love love loves the bath! She doesn't have the best napping patterns either-- Its hard in our house with a wild toddler on the loose, but we do what we can. Audrey loves to be held and will sleep in your arms for hours. She loves going on wagon rides around the neighborhood with Edison and I. She loves stroller rides too. We call her "kicky" sometimes because she loves to kick and splash in the bath and kick her feet on the changing table. She has the typical little bald spot on the back of her baby head from moving around and exploring her surroundings on her back.

Soon to come we should expect Audrey to become more interactive, talkative and mobile in the next few months. The pediatrician even says that early teething symptoms may appear, which I think it was 6 months when Edison sprouted his first few teeth. And she's supposed to be rolling more and get better at sitting up, WHICH SHE LOVES TO DO...with my help.

Wow, what a wonderful ride parenthood is.

Here's a look at our doctor's visit:

Daddy making Audrey laugh while waiting for the doctor-
After Audrey got shots in her leg. She was very brave, I was really impressed.-
After her shots, we gave her some Tylenol to help ease the pain/swelling of shots-
PS: Thanks to grandma and grandpa Compton for taking Edison to the park while we took Audrey to her appointment.

PSS: The Madsen bike contest is over. We didn't win, but if you clicked for us, we appreciate it. We'll try again next time!

No comments: