Saturday, November 27, 2010

RECIPES

My roasted vegetable salad went over so well at Thanksgiving this year (made for both the Comptons and the Sweeneys) that I thought I'd share the recipe.


Roasted Vegetable Salad: Red onion, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, green and red bell peppers & corn on a bed of greens topped with blue cheese crumbles & balsamic vinaigrette.


NOTE: This was easy to make. I just looked online how long to roast the veggies and did that then put them on the greens, added the cheese crumbles and a tiny bit of balsamic and tossed. Easy peasy.


Roasted Carrots How-To: Peel carrots, and toss in a baking pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees, turning occasionally, until tender and caramelized to an amber brown, about 35 minutes.


Roasted Zucchini, Onion, and Peppers How-To: Directions: Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in spots, 30 to 35 minutes.


Sautee Mushrooms and Corn: Sauteed on stovetop for a few minutes until cooked.


Balsamic Vinaigrette: NOTE: I didn't use all of the dressing. Just add a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency and taste.

Ingredients (Makes 3/4 cup)-

  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until combined. Season with salt and pepper.


I also wanted to share this yummy cake I made on Friday. I made it mostly cuz I wanted to make the maple whipped cream, which tastes delicious. Click on this-

Pumpkin Cake with Oatmeal Streusel and Maple Whipped Cream

No comments: