Lookie, it's Audrey in our old bassinet. That's right, old... I sold our bassinet today! This is the first of many baby items that we'll be getting rid of as Audrey outgrows them. I try the best that I can to keep items as nice as possible in the hopes that I can resell them. This stems from my Grandma Herndon telling me as a child something like: "be nice to your toys, they'll be worth something someday." So that always stuck. And I'm a Sweeney and on that side of the family its in our blood to look for "deals." So with that in mind, I bank on my writing and photography skills to put together sales pitches for our stuff to get rid of them on Craigslist or eBay (and I'm pretty good at it).
Speaking of my job, Audrey's first week of solid foods went great. She liked the multi-grain cereal that we fed her. Tonight we switched to yams and she gobbled them up quickly. Edison was curious about her yams and so I made some for him too-- he didn't like that I gave him a baby spoon to eat them and asked me for a "toddler spoon." I just got back from the grocery store and bought green beans and apples as the next foods to cook up and serve to lil Audrey.
Also, Jim and I filled out Edison's application for preschool! Can't believe we'll be sending him off to preschool next September. Hopefully he gets into the school we want to send him. I'll keep you posted. I don't know how competitive it is (it's only preschool, sheesh!!), but we do know the girl in admissions (she's a friend of a friend) and when she met Edison at our mutual friend's wedding she loved him. While we were talking to her she told us where she worked and we told her that's where we were planning on sending Edison and she was excited. Although I have no doubt that he'll just get in because of the wonderful "letter of character" Jim wrote about Edison that points out what a great kid he is.
Hope you are well and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
One last cutie cute pic-
No comments:
Post a Comment